Barnsdall Art Center
Barnsdall Art Center
Barnsdall Art Center
Barnsdall Art Center

Frequently Asked Questions:

Are picnics and alcohol allowed in the park?
Please enjoy your picnic at the park with non-alcoholic beverages. Alcohol is not allowed outside of special events.

Can I hold my Wedding at Hollyhock House or on the West Lawn?
Sorry, Hollyhock House and its grounds are not available for private events and rentals. That includes weddings, conferences, and film shoots. The Barnsdall Gallery Theatre is available for rental; please contact Debbie Livingston at for more info.

Is the park handicap accessible?
Yes, all venues at the park are handicap accessible, and there are designated parking spaces at the top of the hill in the motor court.

How do I get an exhibition at the Gallery?
Submit your exhibition proposal to

Can I shoot a movie in the Park?
All requests for filming on the grounds at Barnsdall Park must be submitted to the Department of Recreation and Parks Film Office – phone 1-323-644-6220.

Can I let my dog play off the leash in the Park?
Like other city parks, dogs must be kept on a leash while in the Park.

Can I fly my drone over the Park?
No, unmanned aerial vehicles are not allowed to operate from or over the Park.

What if I see anti-social behavior in the Park?
The LAPD’s non-emergency crime number is 1-877-275-5273. The Park is covered by the LAPD from their Hollywood Community Police Station so you also might also find their phone number useful – 1-213-972-2971.

I am a member of the press/media, who can I contact?
We would be delighted to assist you, please contact