Position Profile – Operations Administrator
The Barnsdall Art Park Foundation, an organization dedicated to the legacy of the Barnsdall Art Park as a dynamic and vibrant artistic, cultural, and recreational destination for Los Angeles and the world, is seeking an independent contractor to provide services in Foundation operations under the direction of a small committee led by the Foundation Board President. It is estimated that the services will require approximately 20 hours per week. The contract is for 6 months, upon which it will be eligible for renewal.
To nurture the legacy of Barnsdall Park as a dynamic and vibrant artistic, cultural, and recreational destination for Los Angeles and the world.
- Manage the completion of the new BAPF website, and keep information on the website current, including photos, calendar, etc.
- Update and manage the donor and member database using Trailblazer software in concert with the Board Membership Sub-committee.
- Manage processing of invoices and financial administration in concert with the Board Treasurer and Accountant.
- Help with mailings and communications.
- Interface with the Communications Director to facilitate up-to-date and accurate communications on BAPF social media channels.
Preferred Skills and Experience
- History of providing equivalent services to other arts related non-profit organizations.
- Computer literacy, with basic knowledge of Word, spreadsheet and database capacities, experience in fundraising database management (i.e.Trailblazer), and familiarity with website management, preferably WordPress.
- Organization, planning, clear communication, and collaboration skills.
- Understanding of social media, technology and marketing.
Contract terms and fee: To be negotiated.
IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN APPLYING, PLEASE EMAIL YOUR RESUME AND A COVER LETTER DESCRIBING YOUR EXPERIENCE AND WHY YOU ARE INTERESTED, TO OPPORTUNITIES@BARNSDALL.ORG WITH THE WORDS “OPERATIONS ADMINISTRATOR” IN THE SUBJECT LINE.